The first and most important step that is recommended for someone who wants to sell their house is a Home appraisal.
What is it?
A home appraisal is an approximate and informal estimation of the market value of your land or property
Based on this you can quote an initial price to the prospective buyers of your home.
A home appraisal should be done with the help of a licensed realtor or an appraiser, primarily based on comparison with recent real estate transactions that have happened with similar homes in the surrounding area.
What influences it?
Some factors which affect the appraisal process may not be in our control but fortunately some others are-
- Noisy or unfriendly neighbors can put off buyers and so can close proximity to gutters or garbage dumps which can also significantly lower the value. How easily accessible are schools, supermarkets and hospitals from the location is also a contributing factor.
- Your neighbor’s poorly kept garden or messy, noisy pets may drag down the value of your property as well.
- Old houses need not be priced low, if they have been maintained well and relatively new ones need not necessarily mean a higher price. Both have their advantages and demerits. While there is a historic value which may be associated with ancient homes, new houses are less likely to give any major maintenance issues, which could contribute to an increase in their appraisal value.
Number of rooms
- More number of bedrooms and bathrooms mean a hike in the market value. This also serves as a tool to compare the prices of other houses in the area having the same count of rooms.
- Recently remodeled kitchens and bathrooms are great asset which house buyers tend to look for and increase the appraisal value. People prefer to move into houses which don’t have any repair and patch work to be dealt with.
What truly matters?
Though improving the appearance of your home and making it look attractive to buyers is certainly going to have an impact on how fast and profitably your house sells, the factors which truly add value to your property are unfortunately overlooked in today’s craze for lavishly styled and furnished homes.
Luckily, a swimming pool overlooking a gorgeous patio is not necessary to get your house sold. Neither do you have to pay commission to the realtor who appraised, to also help you sell it.
If you feel that you haven’t been able to spend money on renovating your home due to a financially stressful situation or if you lack the time even for an inexpensive DIY make-over and quick fixes, worry no more!
At fastoffer.com, we look past the physical attributes and buy homes based on other factors which make it stand out.
After all, regardless of its current condition and external appearance, every home has its assets and those might be exactly what someone from our extensive, country-wide network of buyers are looking for.
You can now leave the superficial home-improvement work to us and get ready to sell your home online for irresistible cash offers.